We are looking for a motivated Test Engineer with a genuine passion for the Software Quality area and keen attention to detail and accuracy. You will work in an international company delivering solutions for Europe, US and expanding to Asia, but the position is based 100% in the Amsterdam/NL office.
Help us increase confidence on each release, helping deliver high quality features, built with exciting technologies.
This position is responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of Test Plans and other SQA project deliverables, including regressions, new features and emergency fixes, executed manually or – where possible – via automation.
Supporting the development team on Production Deployment activities and contributing actively to the improvement of the testing processes and test strategy are also important.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Parsing Requirements and Use Cases and translating them into efficient, prioritized Test Case designs and supporting test data.
- Executing hands-on Functional, Component, Regression and Acceptance testing.
- Classifying and reporting defects accurately, providing test evidence to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining Defect/Issue status throughout all phases of the development cycle, tactfully communicating with internal partners, including developers, functional designers and product owners.
- Analyzing and communicating test results and risks to team members and management, strengthening Go/NoGo decisions.
- Supporting developers on efficiently increasing Unit and Integration testing coverage.
- Supporting development during Production Deployment procedures, as well as in Root Cause Analysis of production faults and resulting changes to test strategy.
- Helping improve the quality of requirements via reviews.
- Identifying opportunities for SQA process improvement and participating in related efforts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent IT experience.
- At least 4-years experience in Functional Testing, preferably in LAMP development environments.
- Solid understanding of SQA methodologies and Verification & Validation processes throughout the entire SDLC, including Defect and Task lifecycles.
- Past work in Agile Testing/Scrum teams; some experience in Waterfall/VModel projects is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and scripting from the command-line.
- Ability to shift gears quickly and balance between formality and speed, chasing high SQA maturity but still adapting to rapidly changing, Startup-like environments.
Non-essential, but Highly Advantageous:
- Relevant certifications in Software Testing and Software Quality (e.g. ISTQB,TMap,CMMI, etc)
- Past experience in the hosting/ISP market.
- Some experience as a developer, even short-term – preferably aware of PHP/Symfony framework and scripting languages.
- Understanding of APIs and structured responses such as JSON or XML.
- Hands-on experience with Test Automation and Continuous Integration setups using Selenium, SoapUI, Jenkins or similar.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Version Control tools.
- Experience with virtualization technologies/large-scale open source Cloud management software (CloudStack or similar).
- Great work environment, with a friendly team and working with exciting cutting-edge virtualization technologies.
- Part to be in the workforce of a stable, profitable company with offices in USA and Europe and expanding to Asia.
- 50.000-60.000 Eur/Year, depending on experience. (13 months pay)
- Relocation fee to help you get started.
- 0,19 Eur/km travel expenses if your ride is longer than 10 km.
- Variable Bonus and Deferred Compensation Plan
- Free breakfast and lunch in the office.
- 25 Vacation days, with possibility of adding 2 more the next year.
- 66% of Pension plan paid by the company (100% in case of dependants).
This is a full-time position in the Amsterdam area. You must be local or willing to relocate to the Netherlands. You must be a EU Citizen or otherwise still able to apply for the necessary work permit.
Please Submit your CV (English only) to [email protected]