Job Opportunity in Mozambique for EU funded project: Technical Assistance to the National Roads Administration for the Management of EDF projects. One senior transport expert for 150 working days
Mozambique: Technical Assistance to the National Roads Administration (ANE) of Mozambique for the Management of EDF projects – Deadline: 20 Janvier 2013
The specific objective of this contract is to provide the Government of Mozambique with sufficient capacity in contract management for the responsive and accurate management of EU funded projects within ANE, particularly the Upgrading of Milange – Mocuba Phase I and II in Zambezia Province and the institutional support provided through EU SBS program.
One experienced senior category expert with recognized skills and knowledge in the assigned area. The expert must have analytical skills, meet requisite qualifications and must have demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision. Good communication skills, strong sense of initiative and responsibility are essential.
- The working days required are estimated at 150 working days. A working week will include 5 working days.
Education and skills
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field, from a recognized institution.
- The candidate shall be fluent in the English language. Strong ability to write and edit documents in English is a prerequisite.
- The preferred candidate shall be able to communicate in Portuguese language or shall be fluent in similar Latin languages proving rapid capacity to communicate in Portuguese.
- At least ten (10) years experience in project management, formulation, assessment of feasibility studies, design and supervision of major road and bridge projects.
- At least five (5) years experience with service and works contracts under EDF and FIDIC procedures.
- At least five (5) years professional experience in developing countries in Africa.
- Good computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet analysis, desktop publishing, and applications related to databases are essential.
A combination of recent, relevant working experience in public administrations and in the private sector as project manager for construction works will be an advantage. The contractual language shall be English. English and Portuguese will be the working languages.
The assignment will commence in March 2013. The assignment would extend over a period of approximately 1 year.
Also, should you not be interested in this one, but if you know experts that might be, please send them in my direction; this will of course be much appreciated
Deadline: 20 Janvier 2013
103 rue Sadi Carnot