Descrição da vaga
The primary responsibility of the Technical Sales Engineer is to assist the GeoSpatial sales team in bringing Trimble GeoSpatial solutions to market. By coupling his/her solid understanding of the technology and the application of the technology to the geospatial market, the Technical Sales Representative is able to “make GeoSpatial solutions sing”, influence the distribution channel to invest and engage in selling GeoSpatial solutions, and end users in purchasing them.
Reporting to the Americas Sales Manager and as part of the Americas sales team, the Technical Sales Engineer executes the divisional “go to market” strategy for GeoSpatial technologies within the Americas region by developing and leveraging pre-sales support materials and demonstration routines, defining reseller training plans in conjunction with the Support team, providing training to resellers and supporting them during the “start-up” phase following signing of the reseller agreement.
The Technical Sales Engineer represents the highest level of technical knowledge available in the sales organization. His/her mission is to show the reseller and the end user how GeoSpatial technologies can be applied to solve real world challenges and needs. Scope
The Technical Sales Engineer will report to the Sales Manager, and will work in a regional team. First and foremost, the Technical Sales Engineer supports the regional team to facilitate the sales of GeoSpatial solutions within the region, and to achieve quarterly revenue targets for that region.
Longer term activities are built around execution of a defined “go to market strategy” as defined by Trimble divisional management. This includes, but is not limited to reseller training, end user demonstrations (potentially with reseller involvement and support), and participation in local events such as trade shows, road shows, and user group meetings.
- Assist in achievement of overall revenue targets for the regional team.
- Promote GeoSpatial solution sales to include:
- Design and delivery of customer demonstrations and presentations
- Participation and assistance in trade shows, road shows and user group events
- Develop dealer sales and technical support personnel competency to demonstrate, sell and support GeoSpatial technology. This includes
- Providing structured and informal training on products, technology and application of technology
- Assistance in preparation of tender documents and specifications
- Recommendations as needed on product configurations, part numbers, and options as required to suit customer needs and applications.
- Maintain up-to-date skills and knowledge on the latest technology; proactively seek out training to ensure “early adopter” knowledge
- Be current on competitive product offerings (features, benefits and customer interest in these products) in the region, report information internally together with recommendations as required
- Be current on technologies from other Trimble divisions that may be applicable in providing a more complete Trimble solution to the customer
- Respond to escalated technical issues from dealers about key or priority customers to ensure sales closure
- Complete monthly activity reports in accordance with defined template and quality expectations.
Key Organizational Interfaces
- The primary interfaces outside of Trimble are dealer sales people and customer end users.
- The primary interfaces within Trimble the regional sales team, product management team, support and training team, other division’s sales and technical team members
Characteristics / Skills
- High level technical expertise with GeoSpatial solutions and related applications.
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work autonomously and follow-through with plans, as part of a dispersed regional team
- Ability and motivation to quickly learn and integrate new technologies help bring them to market.
- Strong presentation skills (for both sales & training)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong English language, written and spoken; Spanish preferred. Portuguese, German and French desired.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Geomatics, surveying, engineering, or a degree in business with a demonstrated ability to learn and apply technology. A Surveying or Engineering professional license can be substituted in lieu of a Bachelors/Masters degree.
- 5 years experience in related position
Applicant must live in a location that is conducive to travel and support within the defined territory, and outside the territory 1-2 times per year. Applicant will be expected to travel ~50% of the time. Passport and travel status relevant to region are required,
Descrição da empresa
Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Trimble products are used in over 141 countries around the world and serve a variety of industries including agriculture, engineering and construction, transportation and wireless communications infrastructure.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. As the market leader in most of our businesses, we offer a compelling value proposition to our customers based on productivity, return on investment and environmental stewardship. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.