Descrição da vaga
The Project Manager (PM) will have responsibility for managing the delivery of environmental pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for large scale capital projects to deliver safe and successful outcomes. Some projects will require the management of the environmental aspects through design and onto construction. The PM will manage technical teams of up to 100 staff, usually in the Oil & Gas and Mining sectors, with internal resources being drawn from multiple geographies. The extractives industries are primarily developing projects in frontier locations so projects are often cross-border managed through an established base either in an ERM office or on a client’s premises. Project budgets will often exceed US$5m and be over 1 year in duration. The PM will work virtually within ERM’s PMO structure and in accordance with ERM’s Best Practice Large Project Management (LPM) Standards/ Guidelines, when applicable.
1. Project planning
- Will contribute to the client bid proposal process and submission assessing the time investment required against the desired bid outcome,
- Lead the team to develop a comprehensive project management plan and appropriate work break down structure (WBS) to deliver the client objectives on time, within budget and at an appropriate level of quality, adopting ERM’s Large Project Management (LPM) Standards/ Guidelines, when appropriate,
- Apply appropriate appropriate project controls – e.g. contract management plan, document controls etc. – and ensure client and team buy-in/training,
- Establish and maintain an appropriately comprehensive schedule for all phases of a project, including identification of critical path activities and resource constraints,
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines,
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
2. Project controls
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, budget and strategy expectations, working with the PMO, where appropriate to meet ERM’s control standards,
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.,
- Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance,
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the client,
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from the ERM PMO and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
3. Project accounting and finance
- Understands basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly,
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures,
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization,
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed,
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis,
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project,
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices,
- Analyses project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
4. Project communication
- Work with the clients Account Manage to ensure client achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and progress milestones,
- If needed, create customized reporting for the client or team with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverable or documentation,
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the project team, client and Partners are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
5. Internal project reporting and administration
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with ERM Program Managers, Partners and Practice Leads,
- Track and report weekly on percentage complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics,
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
6. Resource management
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications,
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget,
- Work with key ERM stakeholders to identify and secure appropriate internal resource,
- When required work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
7. Client management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships,
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives sharing appropriately on ERM’s CRM tool,
- Fosters lasting relationships with client personnel that deeper and strengthen longer term strategic value to ERM.
8. Capability Build
- Supports both the BU, Regional and Global need to strengthen project management capability in systems and process,
- Contributes to on-going investment in Project Management skills development company wide.
Competências e experiências desejadas
- Eight to 10 years’ experience in a project management (PM) role delivering environmental assessment & design services for major infrastructure development, ideally in the Oil & Gas or Mining sectors,
- Experience of operating within a PMO environment adopting the required standards and guidelines,
- Experience of leading large matrixed geographically dispersed project teams up to 100 team members,
- Experience of running large cross-continent projects
- Has managed project budgets in excess of US$1.5m,
- Experience of engaging with external clients and stakeholders, as required,
- Ideally certified under PMI (PMP), or familiar with its methodology. An alternative industry recognised certification may be considered,
- Ideally experienced in Primavera, or a similar PM software package,
- Comfortable with regular international travel and deployment supporting key projects,
- Fluency in English (written/ spoken) is required. French or Portuguese language skills desirable.
The successful applicant must have experience working on International Large – Scale Capital Projects within the Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering. This role is not suited to individuals with ERP, or IT Infrastructure Program Management background.
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Descrição da empresa
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have over 140 offices in 39 countries and territories employing more than 4,700 people. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past five years we have worked for more than 50 per cent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.