GlobaLexicon provides clients with accurate and high quality language & translation services.
We are a fun and fast growing company with a mission of being our clients’ language services partner of choice. We provide comprehensive language services in core market sectors such as marketing & market research, medical & pharma, training & learning, finance, and logistics & operations for global clients. We translate and localise into all major business languages and our resources are industry experts who only translate into their language.
Our clients include both blue chip companies and some of the most important market research companies.
We are based in Camden Town, London, within walking distance of the shops and bars of Camden and of Regents Park and Primrose Hill.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong Project Manager or Senior Project Manager. The position will require proven leadership skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business, experience in managing people, driving workload to successful completion, and managing clients. Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail is also required.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and up and coming leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the MD and senior team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project manage large language projects independently – lead service delivery for a group of GlobaLexicon clients and be the “hub of knowledge” for other more junior PMs
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage the projects from initiation through to delivery and support junior team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Lead team meetings and training sessions
- Mentor PMs and Project & Office Coordinators
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Actively participate in and lead business development efforts and client meetings
- Take on leadership of other areas such as office management, process optimization (ISO 9001), IT, marketing, etc. and delegate to junior team members as appropriate
- Proof and format documentation if required
Skills & Experience:
- BA degree in linguistics. MA preferred.
- Language skills: Fluent English and in one other language (French advantageous and Fluent/advanced in a third language preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Project management experience (4 year minimum) with ability to:
- apply project management principles & best practices to our business. (scope, schedule and risk management)
- be flexible and rapidly adapt and respond to business and client driven changes
- Experience working for Market Research, Pharma and Medical clients is a plus is a plus
- Experience working in Translation Agency or department strongly preferred
- Proven knowledge (advanced) in use of Trados – ability to train others
- Strong written and oral communication skills including internal presentation/meeting facilitation
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Client management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Expert in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with other software such as Frontpage, Illustrator, etc
GlobaLexicon will endeavour to employ the right candidate for these key roles. As such, the following benefits will be provided:
- Salary £24,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience and position) plus bonus tied to personal and company performance
- 4 weeks paid holiday (excluding statutory holidays)
- Participation in company pension scheme
- Company equity participation for the right candidate