Due to phenomenal growth and global presence, Big Fish Games has located their European Headquarters in Cork to support its European customer base. The Cork office focuses on multilingual European customer support, game testing, and localization translation. This is an inhouse position based in our Cork office.
As a Brazilian Portuguese Localization Translator ( Inhouse), you will be responsible for working in the Cork Localization department with a team of multinational translators. This is a rapidly changing environment which handles the localization of large volumes of new PC and Mobile titles for our language web portals. You are responsible for editing and proofing game content for the Brazilian Portuguese portal, ensuring game content adheres to house style and guidelines. You excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment – all with the goal of furthering the company’s international growth and success. Additionally, you share a deep interest in languages and Big Fish Games products; you love to take on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and culturally diverse team that’s on the forefront of casual games.
- Translate a variety of games’ content for Big Fish Brazilian Portuguese Portal.
- Work with the other Brazilian Portuguese translators and Localization Project Coordinator to schedule tasks.
- Handle additional projects for Localization Project Coordinator as needed.
- Work under pressure to translate 3000 words per day.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a genuine interest in the localisation content of the PC/mobile gaming industry, and quality translations for same, whilst contributing to a fun, quality focused and high performing team.
The role requires the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be fluent in English and Brazilian Portuguese with Brazilian Portuguese to English and English to Brazilian Portuguese translation experience.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills including demonstrated ability to think laterally when resolving technical glitches that arise in the translation process.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of, SDL Trados Studio 2009, MS Office Suite, and basic HTML a plus.
Here at Big Fish Games, customer goodness, passion, focus and integrity are values that we live by and aspire to and we are looking for people who map well to this culture.