We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with extensive Commercial/Property new build experience to be based in Angola. The role will be in support of projects for a global key account client reporting to the Africa PM Director. The main focus of the role will be to lead the project management commission, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, with respect to a large, complex project.
- A minimum requirement would be 10 – 15 years experience in fit out and/or new build projects
- SACPCM (South Africa Council for Project and Construction Managers) registered or equivalent
- Previous experience in Portuguese Africa would be an advantage
- Ability to speak Portuguese would be an advantage
Skill set required:
- Ability to act in a client facing role, engaging effectively at a senior level;
- Must be able to act in an advisory capacity at a strategic level at the project conception stage including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives;
- Experience in leading the establishment of the overall success criteria of the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters.
- Ensuring that the projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget;
- Meeting the client’s objectives and ensuring activities are in line with the conditions of appointment;
- Leading the project team effectively;
- Developing strong relationships with clients and members of the cross-functional team;
- Performing general line management function (where appropriate) and ensuring that duties are effectively discharged;
- Creating business development opportunities with existing and new clients and maximizing cross- selling opportunities;
- Effectively monitoring the internal financial status of the project;
- Communication of key information and ensuring that data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained.
Please contact Jenna Cohen, based in the Johannesburg office, for more information