Telefónica Digital is a brand new global business division of Telefónica that’s set to take the digital world by storm. Through headquarters in London and regional hubs in Silicon Valley, Sao Paulo, Spain and Israel and innovative digital businesses including Jajah, Terra, Media Networks Latin America, giffgaff and 48, we’re going beyond connectivity to blaze a trail in the digital world and seek out amazing new innovations that can change people’s lives for the better.
We’re searching for more people who can keep us improving and evolving and leading and leaving the competition far behind. The kind of people who exist to innovate.
The Role and the Team
Mobile advertising is one of the fastest growing industries ever seen – and Telefonica is building a global business that will place it amongst one of the world’s leading mobile advertising companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior-level sales professional to help drive Telefonica Digital’s global business with some of our largest advertising agency customers such as WPP, Publicis and Omnicom. You will join a highly energized, entrepreneurial team working at global executive level to identify new growth opportunities, develop partnership plans, take the lead on high impact initiatives and manage day-to-day relationships with the industry’s most influential agency & brand leaders.
Working closely with Telefonica’s local sales teams & external sales partners across more than 25 countries globally, you will help shape the strategy, build the capabilities, establish collaboration frameworks and be recognised as a thought-leader within the mobile marketing industry.
You will be a strategically-minded individual with an established reputation as a high-impact relationship manager and an exceptional ability to deliver impact. You will be excited about working within a small team with a high level of visibility and influence. Your familiarity with the mobile marketing industry will have given you key insights into how to deliver value for agencies, advertisers and other partners and you will be adept at working internationally with remote teams.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity to help shape Telefonica Digital’s future, with a high level of global visibility, responsibility and influence that will position Telefonica as the premier mobile marketing partner for our global clients.
Deliver accelerated growth in global advertising revenues for Telefonica Digital by owning our global business with key agency networks, working with c-level stakeholders to develop and execute business development initiatives that deliver incremental value for the agencies, their advertising clients and Telefonica.
- Own Telefonica Digital’s global advertising business with your nominated agency clients.
- Drive accelerated growth in global advertising revenues for your nominated clients by defining & leading key business development projects with internal & external stakeholders.
- Deliver incremental value to local Telefonica media sales teams.
- Proactively build & maintain value-adding relationships with senior global & regional executives across your nominated global agencis.
- Develop, agree and execute global partnership plans that position Telefonica Digital as a leading mobile advertising partner for these client organisations.
- Through rigorous analyses of your clients’ global advertising businesses, identify & prioritise revenue growth opportunities across agencies, products, advertisers and geographies.
- Develop, agree and own the execution of key revenue-driving sales initiatives, securing support from internal stakeholders at regional and local levels to ensure maximum adoption & impact.
- Solicit & source global/regional media campaign opportunities, working closely with client planners and local sales teams to develop campaign proposals, secure incremental advertising budgets, and coordinate campaign execution across local markets.
- Establish a collaborative network across local Telefonica media sales teams to support their local business development activities with your clients.
- Support the Director of Global Advertising Sales and other team members on strategy development, leadership of cross-business projects and development of internal & external presentations.
- Establish proactive and collaborative relationships with other internal Telefonica teams to support best practice sharing and identify new revenue growth opportunities.
- Represent Telefonica Digital at external events.
Who we’re looking for (critical experience highlighted with a *):
*Executive-level client management experience, ideally within the advertising agency industry up to CEO level.
*Proven effectiveness in sales or business development roles – minimum of 8 years’ experience.
*Deep familiarity of the advertising & media industries – ideally having worked within marketing, agency or media owner roles.
* Proven competency at working internationally, most likely in a regional or global role previously (experience involving Spain, Germany and Latin America most desirable).
Strong understanding of mobile and digital marketing.
Strategy consulting or similar business analysis/planning experience.
Demonstrated ability to be highly adaptable and fast learner able to excel quickly at new challenges.
- Personable & collaborative leadership – adept at building close one-to-one relationships with senior-level advertising executives and internal Telefonica colleagues, with service-orientated mindset.
- Strategy development and/or business planning experience – to be able to analyse global business opportunities, identify priorities and build a roadmap for accelerated growth.
- Sales or business development experience – able to generate & close incremental revenue opportunities.
- Exceptional organisational / project management skills – to lead the execution of complex business development initiatives across multiple remote teams both externally and internally.
- Strong communicator & confident presenter – development and delivery of inspirational presentations and communications, someone who can be an evangelist and drive behavioural change.
- International outlook – ability to work effectively with teams across multiple remote locations and cultures.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter attitude & highly adaptable – able to use own initiative to identify priorities and comfortable working on own without a support team. Comfortable with the ambiguity and the rapid pace of change inherent in a small, start-up business.
- Proven high achiever in previous roles – e.g. participant of previous employers’ top talent programmes.
- BA/MA from top tier university and/or strong academic record.
- MBA or Masters in Business (strongly desirable).
- Digital Marketing qualification (desirable but not essential).
- English – Fluent spoken and written, on business and technical levels.
- Spanish – Strong advantage but not essential.
- Portuguese – Strong advantage but not essential.
- German – Advantage but not essential.
Join us and you’ll enjoy all the rewards and benefits of taking our customers to the next level. If you exist to innovate and are ready to make your mark in the digital world, apply now.
We want to encourage current Telefónica employees to apply for opportunities in Digital and welcome applications from internal candidates.